[Samba] setting up Samba server as a PDC

Eric Evans eje4 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 7 12:29:01 GMT 2006

I'm still trying to set up our Samba server as a PDC.  I tried to do this
yesterday and couldn't get my clients to recognize the server as a domain
controller.  Someone on this list suggested that I upgrade my Samba from
version 2 to 3.  I've done that, and things seem to be a little better than
they were yesterday.  Now when I go to my Windows client machine and try to
set it up for domain logins, it no longer tells me that there is no domain
controller when I enter the domain name in the system control
panel.  Instead, it prompts me for a name and password of an account with
permission to join the domain.  So I enter my username and password.  Then
I get an error message that says that the network path could not be found.

Does anyone have any idea if there is anything further that I need to do to
set up the Samba server as a PDC?

Thanks,
Eric