[Samba] Periodic rogue 3.0.22 smbd's eating system

Jonathan M. Prigot jprigot at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 6 20:35:28 GMT 2006

I have three users whose smbd processes will suddenly go rogue and start
sucking up CPU time. It isn't guaranteed that every time they log in, that
their process goes rogue, but it happens a lot. At that time I see that those
smbd processes have an effective UID of the person's username, and a real UID
of root. Everyone else's is always EUID root and UID root.

I haven't a clue how to attack this. Suggestions?
--
Jonathan M. Prigot
Brigham and Women's Hospital