[Samba] query about PC setups

Eric Evans eje4 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 6 15:47:26 GMT 2006

Thanks for the info.  I've been trying to get this to work but I'm having
difficulty with it.

I put the statement "logon script = startup.bat" in my [global] section.  I
also inserted

[netlogon]
path=/usr/local/samba/lib
browseable = no
share modes = no

into the smb.conf.  And I made a startup.bat which I placed in
/usr/local/samba/lib, and which contains only the command "net use h:
/homes".  But when I log in to the PC, unfortunately it doesn't connect me
to the homes share automatically like I thought it should.  I checked the
samba logs and I don't see any error messages there.  Anybody have ideas
about what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot,
Eric