[Samba] Samba and CUPS

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Thu Jul 6 09:12:16 GMT 2006

Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I'd like to know if it's possible to configure samba to not list classes
> stored in CUPS? I've a lot of classes here, and listing printers shared on
> my samba server takes some time... where it should list only the printer
> queues and not printer queues plus classes.
>
> Thanks.

You'll have to comment out the relevant part in printing/print_cups.c.
Look for the "Build a CUPS_GET_CLASSES request" comment in the source
code. insert an "#if 0" before it and a "#endif" before "ret = True".

AFAIK there's no parameter or other possibility to control this.

Bye,

Martin

Martin Zielinski             mz at seh.de
Software Development