[Samba] query about PC setups

Eric Evans eje4 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 5 19:16:00 GMT 2006

Hello,

My boss claims that it is possible to set up a PC as a Samba client in such
a way that every Windows user who logs in to that PC will automatically be
connected to a certain designated Samba share, without the user himself
having to map the network drive to the Samba share.  That is, the boss
claims that I, as the administrator of the PC, have the power to set up
some kind of global mapping for all the PC users so that each user doesn't
have to do the mapping himself.  Is there any truth to this claim?  I
haven't found any mention of this feature in the Samba documentation.

Thanks,
Eric