[Samba] Print Cost Capture

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Jul 5 16:07:21 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 11:10:00AM -0400, David Sonenberg wrote:
> Thanks, but that really won't help.  We need to be able to link each
> printing job to a specific billing code, and user.  Each user needs to
> be able to work on multiple billing codes.

On the contrary, Simo's link is exactly the solution to your problem.

PyKota can even authenticate users through PAM if you ask their
username and password at the same time you ask them for a billing
code through PyKotIcon.

PyKotIcon is cross platform, and does not need to be installed on each
client. Personally I run it from Samba's logon script from a Samba
share each time an users logs in from a Windows box (you can also
launch it under *nix from your .xsession or similar file)

hth

Jerome Alet