[Samba] can't save 0 size file in samba 2.0.7

liu jack alhw2000 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 4 06:32:18 GMT 2006

Dear all:

    Now I use samba 2.0.7 for my file server,but I encounter some odd
questions,hope to get your help.
   First question,if I creat one new NULL txt file in samba share folder
whose filesystem is FAT,and I open the file in notepad in windows,type some
characters,and save the file,but error says "refuse to access".and if the
txt file has content,even if one character,there is no the problem.And the
problem doesn't appear in ext2 filesystem folder.
    Second question,if I have changed the smb.conf,for example,I deleted
one share folder for user1,but if user1 had opened the share,then he can
use the share folder yet unless I kill the smbd process.

    and I have solve another odd problem, if I create one new folder or
copy folders to the samba share,there will be one error:duplicated name.By
mount -o quiet,I solved the problem.

    Below is my samba config.

    [global]
         netbios name = jack