[Samba] Samba on Solaris with LDAP support

Dege, Robert C. robert.dege at ngc.com
Tue Jan 31 16:43:11 GMT 2006

> I had a similar problem when I was cross-compiling Samba for mipsel.
>
> It is most likely OpenLDAP issue.
>
> see config.log and look for lldap / libldap errors.
>
> You may also search for my posts in "how does libldap
> detection work in ./configure script?" thread on samba-technical list.

After some deeper analysis of the config.log file, I discovered the
problem was an ldap/openssl problem (specifically, I didn't build
openssl with shared libraries).  Recompiling those packages resolved the
ldap problems I had during samba's configure.

But now I've encountered a new problem when attempting to compile.  The
error message generated is not as detailed as I was hoping, and I'm not
sure how to resolve this issue.  Any ideas?

Compiling passdb/pdb_ldap.c
passdb/pdb_ldap.c: In function `pdb_init_ldapsam':
passdb/pdb_ldap.c:4388: error: incompatible types in assignment
*** Error code 1

The following command caused the error:
gcc -I. -I/usr/src/samba-3.0.21a/source  -I/usr/local/include -O3 -pipe
-D_SAMBA_BUILD_ -I./popt -Iinclude
-I/usr/src/samba-3.0.21a/source/include
-I/usr/src/samba-3.0.21a/source/ubiqx
-I/usr/src/samba-3.0.21a/source/tdb  -I.
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_REENTRANT
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DLDAP_DEPRECATED -DSUNOS5
-I/usr/src/samba-3.0.21a/source -D_SAMBA_BUILD_     -c passdb/pdb_ldap.c
\
  -o passdb/pdb_ldap.o

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `passdb/pdb_ldap.o'

-Rob