[Samba] users disappearing from winbind db

PBrunnen at bccnetworks.net PBrunnen at bccnetworks.net
Mon Jan 30 23:44:12 GMT 2006

Adam,
  Well, I checked the Kerberos by kinit and kpasswd and they worked fine.
I then tried your other suggestion.  I shutdown winbind, backed up the
databases, and started winbind.
It did generate new databases, but my userid still did not appear.  For
curiosity sake, I disabled my account
in AD and reenabled it.  For some reason, now winbind sees my account again
under wbinfo -u, but it still
will not authenticate against it.  Now I did nothing to this account in AD
except disable and reenable.
Puzzling.  I want to wait a few hours to see if my account starts to become
accepted for authentication.
Thanks for the support so far... and sorry it has taken so long. It is hard
to find a window to take the
system down for such testing.  :-)
 Cheers, Peter.

Peter Brunnengräber