[Samba] setting acls from win XP clients

Ben lueyb at jilau1.Colorado.EDU
Fri Jan 13 19:05:44 GMT 2006

> > Actually, this is not a bug but a security measure I do believe.  Win2k and
> > WinXP will not connect to the same server multiple time using different user
> > logon information (actually, sorta pointless if you set up permissions
> > right).  Thus, if John Doe is logged in and Jane wants to reach personal
> > information in her home drive, then A) John Doe has to log out or B)
> > disconnect all drives to the server with the home shares on them, then map
> > her drive.

I could understand denying different simultaneous connections as a
security rule. But why can't Win XP use the same authentication info it
uses for samba shares to get the user list? I'm not trying to login with a
different username or anything.

Ben