[Samba] allowing users to install printers

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Mon Jan 9 14:18:35 GMT 2006

Hi,
I think that if the printer driver is provided with windows or has already
been downloaded, there is no need for the user to be local admin.
Which means, that you must load the drivers by installing the printer either
as local or domain admin, so that when you loggof and another
not_local_admin user logs on, the drivers have already been added.
I'm afraid that if you update the server drivers, the client won't be able
to update them unless you login again as local admin.

Hope this helps,
Bruno Guerreiro