[Samba] samba from RedHat 3 doesn't work in RedHat 4

Margaret_Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Mon Jan 9 14:21:07 GMT 2006

I recently upgraded my server from a RedHat 3 on a Dell Precision 410 to
							  RedHat 4 on a Dell Optiplex GX 620
I moved all the samba configuration files from one system to the other.

	The old system worked as a domain master across several subnets with
the use of local samba masters on each of the outlying subnets.

	The new system cannot be seen as a master on the outlying subnets.
When I try to look at the workgroup on an outlying subnet, I get that
the workgroup "is not accessible."

	I have iptables set up on the new server to allow access from the 137,
138 and 139 ports on the new server.