[Samba] Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_OK

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Thu Jan 5 01:35:57 GMT 2006

> Using incorrect names and or passwords produces the exact same output.
> That does seem strange.

I suspect in that case that for whatever reason you're connecting to XP
with the wrong username.  If your machine is on a domain, try using
"-U DOMAIN\\username" instead.

> What do you mean " run \\Gerard" from within XP"?. How do I do that.

Go to the Start menu, choose Run, and type in "\\Gerard".  If that
works, open a Command Prompt and type in "net config workstation" -
this should tell you what your username is, which should be the same
one you use with smbclient.

Cheers,
Adam.