[Samba] Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_OK

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Jan 8 14:32:46 GMT 2006

Adam Nielsen <adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au>

> > Using incorrect names and or passwords produces the exact same output.
> > That does seem strange.
>
> I suspect in that case that for whatever reason you're connecting to XP
> with the wrong username.  If your machine is on a domain, try using
> "-U DOMAIN\\username" instead.
>
> > What do you mean " run \\Gerard" from within XP"?. How do I do that.
>
> Go to the Start menu, choose Run, and type in "\\Gerard".  If that
> works, open a Command Prompt and type in "net config workstation" -
> this should tell you what your username is, which should be the same
> one you use with smbclient.
>
> Cheers,
> Adam.

This is the output from that command:

Computer name                        \\BUDMAN
Full Computer name                   BudMan.SEIBERCOM.NET
User name                            Gerard Seibert

Workstation active on
	NetbiosSmb (000000000000)
	NetBT_Tcpip_{DA74D62E-27F2-4C87-95C3-C94C4FDD1173} (0007E9EAF552)

Software version                     Windows 2002

Workstation domain                   WORKGROUP
Workstation Domain DNS Name          (null)
Logon domain                         BUDMAN

COM Open Timeout (sec)               0
COM Send Count (byte)                16
COM Send Timeout (msec)              250
The command completed successfully.

Does this give you any clues?

--
Gerard Seibert