[Samba] Problems with MySQL backend.

Florian Effenberger floeff at arcor.de
Wed Jan 4 18:41:44 GMT 2006

Hi Jeremy,

> It seems so, I'm sorry if that's the case. I did try and notify
> people so this would not break.

no problem, the most important thing to me is that we can find a
solution that everyone is happy with.

> It's not important now, what's more important is ensuring
> that the SQL modules are maintained going forward.

Agreed.

> Volker (and others) are making passdb backend changes. You
> need to keep testing it with the SQL module as these changes are
> made to make sure it keeps working. No one else is testing it
> so the interface is fragile.

Testing the interface is no problem. My problem, however, is fixing bugs
or changing/adapting functionality. (See below)

> Haven't reviewed that bug - we need someone who will do
> that (review the bugs) and maintain the module - no matter
> what gets done. Of course the maintainer also gets to argue
> and complain and *help* design the passdb changes :-).

I use the pdb_mysql module in an environment with about 100 clients and
1.500 users. We have a self-written web interface, and Samba and the web
interface are based on the pdb_mysql module.

However, I am no programmer, so I need your help.

I can test, debug and act as a contact person, however, I need someone
supporting me as a developer, as I can't code a single line. :-)

Do you see any chance in this?

Looking forward to working with you!
Florian