[Samba] Need krb5 on Interdomain trust Win2003SP1 - Samba3.0.21?

Simon Leung skmleung at hkucc.hku.hk
Wed Jan 4 06:21:14 GMT 2006

Hi Geoff,

I've made it. Yes, it is good enough to follow the steps in Ch 12.3.2 ,
anyway, I have attached part of my "krb5.conf" for you as reference:

-----------------starts----------------------------
[libdefaults]
 default_realm = MYDOMAIN.COM
 dns_lookup_realm = true
 dns_lookup_kdc = true
 ticket_lifetime = 24h
 forwardable = yes

[realms]
 MYDOMAIN.COM = {
  kdc = w2k3.mydomain.com
  admin_server = w2k3.mydomain.com
  default_domain = mydomain.com
 }

[domain_realm]
 .mydomain.com = MYDOMAIN.COM
 mydomain.com = MYDOMAIN.COM

Then "kinit" and "klist -e" will get what you want.

and now I have a successful interdomain trust between Samba.3.0.21a and
Win2003SP1.

THX guys do shed light on my problem!!

Best Wishes

Simon