[Samba] Need krb5 on Interdomain trust Win2003SP1 - Samba3.0.21?

Geoffrey Scott geoffs at guestshire.com
Wed Jan 4 03:09:37 GMT 2006

SHA1 wrote:
> Simon Leung wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, my question is beside Winbind, do I need to configure krb5 on
>> Samba (Domain A) when talking to Win2003SP1 on Domain B?
>
> Beginning with 3.0.21 if you are talking to AD in anyways (domain
> member server, domain controller with domain trusts, etc...) you
> should ensure that you configure with ADS support and correctly
> configure /etc/krb5.conf.

Hi Jerry
JHT hasn't got any mention of configuring /etc/krb5.conf in "S by
example" chapter 7.3.4 but he has in chapter 12.3.2.  Other docs say
only an empty config file is needed or non at all depending on whether
you are using Heimdal or MIT kerberos.....

How much info if any should be in /etc/krb5.conf? is the chapter 12 example
enough?:
[libdefaults]
	default_realm = LONDON.ABMAS.BIZ

[realms]
	LONDON.ABMAS.BIZ = {
	kdc = w2k3s.london.abmas.biz
	}

Sorry to ask a basic question, but if I do an apt-get install samba and
samba-common, will it install all the files needed for ADS domain
membership?

Regards Geoff Scott