[Samba] Basic setup password problems

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at insightbb.com
Sun Feb 26 11:17:00 GMT 2006

Thanks Pawel.  That with some other tweaking got me in with read access
but no write.  I finally realized it is because I have SELinux enabled.
I disabled SELinux altogether just to test it and it worked like a
charm.  SELinux can be further configured to allow Samba to work
properly but I haven't dove into that yet.  For anyone who finds this
with similar problems, the following site seems to be a good start on
fine tuning:

http://www.jihe.net/technical/my_linux_whitebox/enable_file_sharing_samba_serv.php