[Samba] Compiling Samba on AIX 5.3 with idmap_rid fails

Jurjen Oskam jurjen at stupendous.org
Sat Feb 25 22:14:07 GMT 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use idmap_rid with Samba 3.0.21c on AIX 5.3. So far, I've
not been successful.

I've followed the method from
http://us5.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/AIX/README to compile Samba,
but added "--with-static-modules=idmap_rid". Also, I used IBM's compiler
and not gcc.

The compilation fails as follows:

	[...]
Compiling sam/idmap.c
Compiling sam/idmap_util.c
Compiling sam/idmap_ldap.c
Compiling sam/idmap_tdb.c
Compiling sam/idmap_rid.c
Linking bin/winbindd
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .idmap_rid_init
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
make: The error code from the last command is 8.

When I use gcc, it also fails at the same point. I also tried
"--with-shared-modules=idmap_rid". The compilation then succeeds, but
winbindd then instantly crashes with a signal 11.

What can I do to properly diagnose this problem?

--
Jurjen Oskam