[Samba] samba and pocket-pc

Nikolaus Hammler smb02199601 at w-lan.mine.nu
Thu Feb 23 01:49:11 GMT 2006

hi,

A longer time ago (maybe I had still an old samba version, I can't
remember) I connected my Pocket PC (PPC2003) to my samba server without
any problems.

Now I've got a new device which features builtin WLAN and I tried to
connect but I get an error which makes me feel sad:

(in german)

'\\' (oder eine der zugehoerigen Komponenten) nicht gefunden. Stellen
Sie sicher, dass Pfad und Dateiname korrekt sind, und dass alle
erforderlichen Bibliotheken verfuegbar sind.

analogous,

File '\\' (or some needed components) not found. Make sure that path and
file name is correct and that all required libraries are available.

At the moment smbd -V displays:
Version 3.0.14a-Debian

I read a few things on that issue on the net but there are no solutions
and I'm confused because it WORKED already.

Is there any known solution or fix on this problem?

I could also provide you with any (debug-)information required!

Thank you very much!

niki

domain master = yes
bind interfaces only = true
interfaces = eth0
domain logons = yes
printing = cups
printcap name = cups
load printers = yes
username map = /etc/samba/users.map
preferred master = yes
logon path = \\%L\profile
server string = NOBAQ Server, PDC
workgroup = NOBAQ.NET
logon script = logon.cmd
netbios name = nobaq
dos charset = CP850
create mode = 644
logon drive = U:
log level = 3
log file = /var/log/samba/SMB.log

; PPC try...
;nt status support = no

max log size = 50000
time server = yes
preserve case = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
encrypt passwords = true
passdb backend = tdbsam guest
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_THROUGHPUT SO_KEEPALIVE
SO_SNDBUF=18384 SO_RCVBUF=16384

deadtime = 0
guest account = nobody
local master = yes
short preserve case = yes
security = user
unix charset = ISO8859-1
create mask = 600
directory mask = 700
os level = 128
wins support = yes
name resolve order = lmhosts wins host bcast

--
Nikolaus Hammler
http://www.nobaq.net