[Samba] Security concerns solved

Steve Freeman smj_freeman at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 18 15:34:27 GMT 2006

Hi,

Thanks to those who replied to my security question. The QUEUE rule was the
culprit, and it shouldnt have been there.

It came from the peerguardian daemon (a privacy filter, ironically!), and
should have only been applied to the OUTPUT,FORWARD tables only, NOT the
INPUT. I have modified the code to remove the INPUT and recompiled. Solved.

It has really helped to voice this on here, although it was not samba
related. The samba log is now clean. Thanks again,

Mike