[Samba] umount share on user logout

Toni Casueps casueps at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:43:52 GMT 2006

I have Windows and Linux clients accessing a Samba share. In the /etc/fstab
file of the Linux clients I use the credentials=... option so that the
system mounts the share when it boots.
If the only person that uses that PC is the one that I have set in
/etc/fstab everything is ok, but not if it's another person because the
permissions of the share are the ones of the first person.
Is there a way to do the same as the Windows clients? (i.e. disconnect share
when one user logs out and ask for credentials either when the user logs in
or when he accesses the share)