[Samba] Samba 3.0.21 with ADS authentication on Solaris

Vahid Moghaddasi vahid.moghaddasi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 01:44:49 GMT 2006

Hi All,
I am upgrading form samba 3.04 to 3.0.21 to resolve some ADS
authentication problem that happens after each Windows security patch and
also stay current.
I could not find a straight forward procedure to compile and configure
samba except this link which I guess is not complete:
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.samba/browse_frm/thread/e2829f9c647be5d7/ddfa8dfe7e3afbe7?q=active+directory&rnum=3#ddfa8dfe7e3afbe7
With the above procedure, some see the share with "net view \\server" and
some get access denied error. Wbinfo -t/-u/g return error..
My question is if anyone knows of a written procedure to follow and get the
samba working in Solaris (10) environment?
Thanks for any help,
Vahid.