[Samba] Accessing Samba Shares from Windows

Mirceac Ionescu mirciulicai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 03:21:08 GMT 2006

Hello,

Yes, I'm using the binaries from Solaris and I figured out(from Google) that
they are not good for this.

So after I will recompile Samba with MIT Kerberos will it work without
actually joining the machine into active directory. The Samba 2.2.8a are
working this way.

Still don't figure out why samba 3.x are not working. Could be that the
older Samba was compiled using Kerberos? I will check this.

Thank you!