[Samba] Accessing Samba Shares from Windows

Matt Skerritt matt.skerritt at agrav.net
Tue Dec 19 00:12:33 GMT 2006

Heyho

Are you using the samba binaries that came with Solaris?   If so then
Sun, for reasons I do not understand, have neglected to compile it
with Kerberos support (at least that's the case when I looked into it
with Solaris Express 6 months ago). Since AD uses Kerberos this will
be a problem for you. I believe the solution is to download, compile
and install the mit or heimdial kerberos libraries (they'll happily
live alongside the Sun ones on a Solaris machine), and then to
download and compile Samba against the aforementioned kerberos
librarires.

It seemed like a bit of a pain, so I never bothered to do it myself
(well, I have kept putting it off ... even  to this day).

A google search for "samba solaris 10 kerberos" or something similar
should net you some guides on what, precisely, to do.