[Samba] Accessing Samba Shares from Windows

Mircea Ionescu mirciulicai at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:24:05 GMT 2006

Hello,

We are using machines with Solaris and Windows XP. The XP machines are
joined in a domain(windows 2003) and the Solaris machines are not joined to
any domain.

With Samba 2.2.8a running on Solaris 9 there are no problems to access them
form Windows XP. We are authenticated by DC.

On other machines we have Solaris 10 with Samba 3.0.21b and here we are NOT
authenticated anymore by DC. So we have to use user authentication so every
time the password is changed on XP we have to change it also on Solaris.
This is done for 100 users so it is not nice...

Can you, please, help me? Wy can't I have the same authentication on Samba
3.x like in Samba 2.x?

Thank you very much!

mirciulicai