[Samba] Samba and NFS quota problem

Steve Goodman (lists) steve-lists at aston.ac.uk
Sat Dec 16 19:22:31 GMT 2006

Hi,

Just in case someone has any idea on how to solve this, I've done some
further testing.

I get the same error below on both a fresh CentOS 4.4 install on x86
(not x64, to rule that out) using built-in RHEL packages; and on the
original x64 server when compiling from sources (with sys quotas and
disk quotas enabled or disabled).

As I say I can see the quota correctly on the Samba server using the
unix quota command but on the windows client the samba mapped drive
shows entirely the wrong value as free/used. If I make the home
directory on a local disk which doesn't use quotas all is fine.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Kind Regards,

Steve

CIFS.