[Samba] Windows XP and Samba 2.0.5a

Tim Boneko lists at boneko.de
Tue Dec 12 20:49:22 GMT 2006

Hello Frank,

Do, Frank C schrieb:
> I am looking for the answer for the same subject. Currently I have Linux
> 2.0.36 running on my linux box.
>

> I would like to install Samba server on the box. I am expecting the
> Windows XP client will access to the box for file transfer.

i assume you _have_ to use ancient software - production server, right?
Debian is "bleeding edge" compared to this ;-)

Like Volker said, don't expect more than basic functionality. Copying
files to a Samba server should work. Even your neighbours from Redmond
know about backwards compatibility.

I think you should give it a try. A basic samba installation is set up
in minutes and deleted even faster!

Greets to Seattle (loved it!),

	timbo