[Samba] RE: authenticating NT users with space in username?

poisonpill superx308 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 15:01:50 GMT 2006

I'm not getting an error per se, but I just cannot connect with a username
with a space in it.

I have set the security to domain and bound shares to specific users. For
example, user "jeff" would have access only to his /home/jeff share using
the "force user = jeff". However, I don't know how to allow "temp user"
access to his /home/tempuser share. When I try to add force user = "temp
user" it doesn't work, nor does force user = temp user. When temp user tries
to connect, he's just denied.

I am using Mac OSX server 10.4.8 and whatever version of Samba is on it. I
appreciate all your help Simo.