[Samba] Shares mount on linux but not windows?

Brian Atkins batkins at tlcdelivers.com
Tue Dec 12 15:13:52 GMT 2006

I think I cleared up the username mismatch with a simple reboot of my
workstation. No clue why it was happening...

However, I am unable to connect to shares from a windows machine using a
username only. If I enter a groupname, it works:

  valid users = batkins	(FAILS)

  valid users = @DOMAIN+"My Group" (SUCCEEDS)

I have compared this machine's config file to another machine with
working samba shares. The config files are nearly identical, save the
server string and netbios name.