[Samba] Null session problem when mounting share using domain user account

=?big5?B?TGF0cmVsbCBXYW5nIKT9xG269Q==?= Latrell.Wang at zyxel.com.tw
Tue Dec 12 11:11:32 GMT 2006

Hi all:

=20

As far as I know, windows 2003 sp1 restricts anonymous access to samr =
and lsarpc. On windows 2003, everyone group does not include anonymous =
logon, thus anonymous enumeration can=A1=A6t be achieved unless =
anonymous logon is a member of pre-windows 2000 compatible group. I =
think this is the reason why smbmount using domain user account failed. =
The error message is as follows:

=20

26520: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

SMB connection failed

=20

The packets showed that =A1=A7STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED=A1=A8 in SamrConnect2 =
request and reply. If anonymous logon belongs to pre-windows 2000 =
compatible group, smbmount ran successfully.

=20

Will samba work around this issue?

=20

Thanks for the replies.