[Samba] Can't mount share DFS fron AD on a Linux Box.

benjamin.revel at free.fr benjamin.revel at free.fr
Mon Dec 11 10:40:34 GMT 2006

Hello,

I've got an Ubuntu Workstation integrated in an Active Directory domain. I'm
really authenticated to the domain (with Kerberos clients, Winbind and Samba)
and I can list the users of the domain with the wbinfo command.

There's a DFS root share that is defined on each DC of the AD domain.

When I try to mount that share with the mount.smbfs command :
# mount -t smbfs //IP_ADDRESS/dc /opt -o username=login, password=pass
I see all the directories but they are empty so I think I'm on the DFS root.

When I try to mount it with the mount.cifs command :
# mount -t cifs //IP_ADDRESS/dc /opt -o username=login, password=pass
I've got an error "mount error 20 = Not a directory" .

I can navigate through this share with the smbclient command :
# smbclient //IP_ADDRESS/dc -o username=user

What's wrong ?

Another question:
When opening a session with a domain user login, I do not see Kerberos tickets
with the klist command ("No tickects cached").
Is it correct ?

regards,