[Samba] what OS do you use for Samba?

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 21:48:05 GMT 2006

Since you and I are using the same version of Ubuntu and both have our
servers integrated into Active Directory, you would expect similar
behavior configurations notwithstanding. As we've discussed earlier, I
have no problems with nested groups. I think you're barking up the wrong
tree thinking upgrading will solver your problem. I'm unconvinced.

Out of curiosity, do you have any explicit group denial settings on the
target folder that the user in question might have membership? I believe
denies overrule grants, but I'm not positive.