[Samba] Re: what OS do you use for Samba? (short FreeBSD how-to)

Jon Theil Nielsen jontheil at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 10:15:43 GMT 2006

Nathan Vidican <nvidican <at> wmptl.com> writes:

> Anyhow, that's a quick start... try it on your own, and post a more
> specific question should you run into anything. It really is fairly
> painless though ;)
>
> --
> Nathan Vidican
> nvidican <at> wmptl.com

Hmm, this might be sligthly OT, but does this "howto" exist somewhere
as a web page? I have been using FreeBSD for a couple a years now
(mainly as a small scale web server and Samba only for experiments) and
have been looking for an up-to-date description of how to do LDAP
authentication both for Samba and the OS.
I can only agree that FreeBSD is very solid and that the ports system
makes almost any functionality possible.

Regards, Jon Theil Nielsen