[Samba] Hidden files

Chris Smith smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Fri Dec 1 21:10:15 GMT 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 14:27, timothy johnson wrote:
> Tried that and it still doesnt hide files. I have never had this problem
> with samba before, is this something with version 3

Works here with 3.0.23d - "hide files = /*.pst/". Remember it's case sensitive
and will also affect performance. And if you set Windows Explorer to show
hidden files you will see them.

Since dot files are hidden by default why not rename the pst's to 'dot
something' - ".users.pst"? It appears that this is not a performance hit (at
least the man page doesn't mention it).

Chris