[Samba] Synchronising Account Policies between PDC and BDCs

Oeltze, Benjamin Benjamin.Oeltze at fujitsu-siemens.com
Fri Dec 1 10:12:03 GMT 2006

Hello List,

we have noticed, that our Account Policy only exists on the PDC and not on our BDCs.
Because of that we are faced with Problems with disabled Accounts that dont get enabled after 30 Minutes.
I think, that this users are getting disabled on the PDC and try to log in again on a BDC. There is no Account Policy and because of this the user does not get enabled again.

My question is: how can we keep the policies on all of our BDCs(5) and our PDC synchronised.

We thought about tdbbackup on the PDC, copy the files to the BDCs and restoring them.
Does this work?
Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks Benny

Mit freundlichen Grüßen