[Samba] Sharing GDI printers

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Fri Dec 1 07:51:17 GMT 2006

Hello,

you tell nothing about the software you're using
(Samba version, cups ???, logs), so it's difficult to help you.

a) The "paused" printers may be paused by cups, if an error occurs.
If you're using cups, then check the logs and try to change the "error
policy" of your print queue.

b) GDI printers need bidirectional communication with the host. They
might ask the host to perform an operation and get the result back.
Some hardware print servers have special modes to support (some, not
all) GDI printers anyway.

Bye,

Martin