[Samba] ldap user could not display its UID when "ps -auex"

Phillip phuang at plasmon.cn
Fri Dec 1 06:41:24 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I have started samba service on A, which is centos 3.5,
This A machine is configured with LDAP authentication(http, samba, ftp).
When I mount samba share in other machine B installed CentOS4.3,
by issuing the following command:
 # mount -t smbfs -o username=phillip
password=phillip //A/samba_share /tmp

the LDAP user "phillip"'s UID (phillip).

Umount the samba share in B:
    # umount /tmp

Then I use machine C installed CentOS3.5 to mount A/samba_share again:
 # mount -t smbfs -o username=phillip
password=phillip //A/samba_share /tmp
When mount successfully, check machine A's "ps -aeux" again,now I could
not find the LDAP user "phillip"'s UID listed in the first column. It
seemed to be replaced by "root", but I can't confirm it.

Is this issue really a trouble caused by client's smb version, or any
reason else?

Regards,
Phillip