[Samba] [Follow-Up] Domain login - XP 64 -> Samba

Mrugesh Karnik mrugeshkarnik at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 20:16:17 GMT 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 00:28, Michael Gasch wrote:
> hi list,
>
> just read this http://www.gatago.com/linux/samba/14522736.html and
> this seems to be my solution 'cause i'm also hitting the same
> problem. unfortunately i can't use original debian packages anymore,
> because they seem to not integrate the patch, yet (still sub-releases
> of 3.0.14). or does anyone made other experiences? seems like not
> many people are using x64 win xp. i think i have to use sernet
> packages and upgrade to 3.0.21c.
>
> any comments/ideas/help appreciated!
>
> greez

I ran a Samba 3.0.22 PDC and used a WinXP x64 client. I managed to join
the domain fine. I encountered issues with Roaming Profiles at first.
Windows couldn't find the profile on the Samba server. I was following
the steps in Using Samba, 2nd Edition. I managed to solve the issue in
a few hours. That's the only problem I faced with x64.

I'm on Gentoo btw. The package I have installed is samba-3.0.22-r3

Mrugesh Karnik
GPG Key 0xBA6F1DA8
Public key on http://wwwkeys.pgp.net