[Samba] Unknown domain

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel felipe at paranacidade.org.br
Wed Aug 30 14:18:30 GMT 2006

On 08/29/2006 07:04 PM, Rick Dettwyler escreveu:
> I am running RHEL 2.1 and samba 2.2.12. When I try to map a network
> drive on my XP workstation, I browse for folder. I see my domain. I
> expand my domain and when i see my server, I click it but there are no
> shares beneath. If I map the drive by entering the servername and share
> as \\servername\share and click Browse, it should take me to the domain
> entry but instead it shows the domain as Unknown. Me thinks this is an
> AD or netbios issue.

	It is a *weird* issue. :-)

> smb.conf
> [global]
>
> # workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
>   workgroup = techsupport
>
> # server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field
>   server string = Samba Server on %h
>
> hosts allow = 192.
> security - server
           ^
	Here, the "-" is a typo in the e-mail or the conf? It should
be a "=".

> password server = pdc01

	pdc01 is another Samba? Is it a Windows Server?

	Hmmm, we will need more info about the share, are you
using 'browseable = yes'?

> I can map drives using \\ipaddress\share and ipaddress\username +
> password.
>
> What is missing that it won't show up as part of a domain?
> Thanks in advance.
> Rick

	Did you join the station to the domain? And did you join
the Samba Server to the domain (they have their machine accounts
created?).

	Kind regards,

- --