[Samba] winbindd and NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME

Mark Scott ggl at mscott.cx
Wed Aug 23 16:08:29 GMT 2006

I'm having problems with winbindd and a NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME
message.

This works:
/usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc join -U administrator%xxxxxxxxx -S thedc
Joined domain FOOADJUSTERS.

/usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -p
Ping to winbindd succeeded on fd 4

wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g also work

However:

/usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME (0xc0000122)
Could not check secret

During "wbinfo -t", "winbindd -i -d 3" outputs:

[    0]: request interface version
[    0]: request location of privileged pipe
[    0]: check machine account
[ 5780]: check machine account
cm_get_ipc_userpass: No auth-user defined
Doing spnego session setup (blob length=116)
got OID=1 2 840 48018 1 2 2
got OID=1 2 840 113554 1 2 2
got OID=1 2 840 113554 1 2 2 3
got OID=1 3 6 1 4 1 311 2 2 10
got principal=thedc$@FOOADJUSTERS.COM
Got challenge flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x62890215
NTLMSSP: Set final flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
rpc_pipe_bind: Remote machine 10.8.1.207 pipe \NETLOGON fnum 0x4002
bind request returned ok.
could not open handle to NETLOGON pipe
Checking the trust account password returned
NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME

Any known solutions or ideas to help me solve this problem, or any more
log output I can give? (I've had a search using Google and can't find
anything that helps).

Thanks,
Mark