[Samba] why can't I open Local User's home directory

=?GB2312?B?0e62/tPC?= yangeryong at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:52:03 GMT 2006

Hello,

My local user can browse other shared documents except home
directory.Thisconfused me for several
days.Information as belows.How to fix it.Thanks.

Redhat is an user of my Linux system.

[root at server ~]# testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[docs]"
Processing section "[test]"
Loaded services file OK.
WARNING: passdb expand explicit = yes is deprecated
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

[global]
        netbios name = REDHAT
        server string = Samba Server
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        dns proxy = No
        cups options = raw

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[docs]
        comment = shared documents
        path = /usr/share/doc
        guest ok = Yes
        hosts allow = 192.168.0.

[test]
        path = /tmp/redhat
        valid users = itlab, @redhat
        write list = itlab, @redhat
        create mask = 0660
        directory mask = 0770
[root at server ~]# smbclient -L 192.168.0.3 -U redhat%redhat
Domain=[REDHAT] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.21b-2]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
        test            Disk
        docs            Disk      shared documents
        redhat          Disk      Home Directories
Domain=[REDHAT] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.21b-2]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------

        Workgroup            Master
        WORKGROUP            WINDOWS
[root at server ~]# smbclient //192.168.0.3/redhat -U redhat%redhat
Domain=[REDHAT] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.21b-2]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME
[root at server ~]#

In WindowsXP,I can open docs and test directory with user redhat,but can't
open user redhat's home directory.the message is "The network path was not
found.".