[Fwd: Re: [Samba] Excel error]

Daniel Martin dmartin at getnet-tecnologia.com.br
Wed Aug 23 16:51:03 GMT 2006

Hello, I´ve had the same problem... try using force security mode =
0660, in your share definition (of course you can change the 0660 as you
need)

It worked for me !

Dominic Iadicicco wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My network users are receiving an error when they try to save changes
> to an
> execl file that is stored in a samba share. The error is "The file
> filename.xls may have been changed by another user since you last
> saved it.
> In that case, what do you want to do? save a copy or Overwrite
> changes.  Now
> they can  all read and write to this share and it only happens with excel
> files so far.   Word docs and others saves do not generate this
> error.  Now
> Microsoft claims this is a feature but I have not been able to
> generate it
> with a peer to peer share I have setup between two winxp machines.  It
> only
> happens when they try to save to any share on the samba domain.  This
> server
> is running RH9 with samba 2.2.7a.  The clients are winXP Pro Srv2 with MS
> office/Excel 2002. Is this a known issue with this old version of
> samba?  Is
> this a samba issue?
>
> If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly
> appreciate
> it.
> Also if you need any more info on the setup please let me know.
>

> Thanks all
>

> Dominic Iadicicco
> South Country Library
> Bellport NY

Atenciosamente,

Daniel Felipe Martin
GetNet - Tecnologia em Captura e Processamento de Transações
Infra-estrutura
Fone: +55 (51) 3598-9800 Fax: +55 (51) 3598-9801    Ramal 2301