[Samba] Copying Windows 2K & XP Profiles to new Server

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Wed Aug 23 17:21:19 GMT 2006

Hello,

    In my effort to make the switchover as smooth as possible, I am
thinking that I could copy a user's roaming profile off their
workstation to the profile share on the Samba 3.x server, set the
permissions and then take the workstation off the old domain, put it on
the new domain and then login with the user and just like that, be done
with it.

     Is this going to be problematic or is there something I could be
missing that will cause this to backfire on me?

--

    Regards,
    Robert Adkins