[Samba] Access denied

david rankin drankin at cox-internet.com
Tue Aug 22 19:16:34 GMT 2006

>From: "ML Samba" <ml.samba at gmail.com>
> I'm trying to upgrade from Samba 3.0.14a to 3.0.23b.  Using the exact
> same config file that I did in the older version, and using the exact
> same share directory and file permissions as I did with the old
> version, a share that I used to be able to access now returns:
>
>     tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

See My Recent Thread:
[Samba] 3.0.20 -> 3.0.23 SID/group error?? Won't connect.

I think the problem is the same. The problem will be fixed in 3.0.23c due
out later this week. (at least that is Jerry's most recent estimate) In the
mean time stick to 3.0.23a or earlier. (your 3.0.14a should be fine unless
you need to upgrade for functionality)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN LAW FIRM, PLLC