[Samba] Re: Re: Samba instead of SBS2k+3

Przemyslaw Smiejek smiejek at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Aug 21 09:28:11 GMT 2006

W odpowiedzi na pismo z niedziela, 20 sierpnia 2006 23:56
(autor Doug VanLeuven
publikowane na gmane.network.samba.general,
wasz znak: <44E8DA95.4040106 at sonic.net>):

> If your
> security is more static with one security model per machine, the older
> policy editors work quite well along with ghosting a prototype machine.

But polices are set to users on AD, on local machines there are no users
except administrator.

> There are a lot of advantages to ghosting out an entire classroom at one
> time.  Of course, you can't teach "Working with AD".

I don't need it. I don't teach  "Working with AD". I'm linux user and I
teach mostly Linux. Windows I need only for other teachers and for our
library, where pupils have free access to computers.

Now I have two servers: SBS2k and SBS2k+3 and I want to have only one
server, but it's impossible to do it whithout buing licences from MS
:( That's why I'm looking for other solution like samba.

--
 Przemyslaw Adam Smiejek