[Samba] How would you setup this config with samba

Miguel Da Silva - Servicio de Informát Miguel Da Silva - Servicio de Informát
Fri Aug 18 18:43:43 GMT 2006

daniel parkes wrote:
> Hy people,
>
> There is a friends company, that uses windows XP as a server to share
> directories, i am going to change it for a linux box, with Samba, and run a
> pdc domain with it, its a simple configuration with 13 computers and the
> only thing that they have to get w0rking, is passwd policys, they need that
> each month they have to change passwd, it has to be at least 8 characters
> long, etc .... I have read there are some new directives in samba and you
> can do this kind of things, but i cant find much docs that talk about it,
> anyone has tried it out?, any docs they can share?, is it working in samba
> 3.x?, is it a good idea to make a samba a domain controller?.
>

> Thnx a lot!!

Probably you'll have to also change the password each user have in the
backend.

And Samba is a very good solution to implement a PDC. Will you use
single sign-on (SSO) and roaming profiles? Sometimes I have a little
problems with that, but is concerning the Windows part of the configuration.

Good luck.

--
Miguel Da Silva.
Servicio de Informatica.