[Samba] Re: net user add disables remote account automatically?

alpha outlaw alpha.outlaw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 21:39:29 GMT 2006

On 8/16/06, alpha outlaw <alpha.outlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> I notice when issuing the command "net rpc user  testuser  -S ip_address
> -U administrator%password" that the testuser gets added to the remote
> machine (Win 2k3)  sucessfully, however the account is disabled.
> After adding the user remotely it requires that the administrator log into
> the remote machine "ip_address" to enable the newly created account.
> Is there a way to add a user to a remote windows machine through samba
> without the account being automatically disabled?
> I noticed it is possible to add the account through an at command using
> cmdat from Samba-TNG, but I need SMB siging so it looks like it rules out
> Samba-TNG.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help or ideas offered.

After reading my previous post, I noticed I forgot to insert the "add" in
the command for my posting to the list. The full command should be:

"net rpc user add testuser  -S ip_address -U administrator%password"

I guess it is a problem with the access mask bits during the creation of a
user...

Any light shed on the probelm would be greatly appreciated.