[Samba] Sharing a Win-XP(pro) USB printer :(

Bill-S bill at wiliweld.com
Wed Aug 16 21:08:38 GMT 2006

At Wed, 16 Aug 2006 it looks like Gary Dale composed:

> Bill Schoolcraft wrote:
> > Hello Family,
> >
> > I'm having a hell of a time just trying to "see" the shared printer
> > on a Win-XP(pro) box here at home.  All my other Windows boxes can
> > not only see it but print to it, my Unix family (all of the
> > relatives) of machines are having no luck.
> >
> > I apologize if this is something simple for Samba has evolved so
> > much that one barely needs to do anything to get stuff working for
> > "It just works!"
> >
> > TIA
> >

> If you are running KDE, simply go into Settings | printers, fire up
> Administrator mode and add the printer.

Gary,

The printer is not a "visable" share to my Unix/Linux boxes (which all
use KDE) even on the same machine it is plugged into where I can see
"all" the stuff I have enabled for sharing.

For some reason the XP-Pro box will reveal "all" the other
directories, drives etc but the printer will not show.  Of course
the exact same printer is visable to all the Windows boxes on the
network.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my email. :)
--
Bill Schoolcraft <*>  http://wiliweld.com
                  ~