[Samba] adding samba3 to Active Directory Domain

Michael Davidson mdavidson at mountwashington.org
Wed Aug 16 19:37:52 GMT 2006

I found this page to be extremely helpful when I joined several FC Linux
boxes to a Win 2k3 domain:
http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/3487081

Also, if you're using the [homes] share and want to have shared home
directories created on the fly for first time users, put "obey pam
restrictions = yes" in your smb.conf and
"session  required  /lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so
skel=<your/skeleton/directory> umask=<your_umask>" in the appropriate file
in /etc/pam.d

It took me a looong time to find that out.

Mike